Sunday, May 8, 2016

Honey Mango Oatmeal


This simple breakfast idea is hearty and refreshing. But, believe me, this isn't you're grandmother's oatmeal! We're mixing up the preparation, and making a more rustic oat cereal with a bit more body and texture than the classic mush you probably ate as a kid. And the sweet tropical flavor of mango, accented with hints of honey, really gets things all dressed up and ready for Summer. 

 Printable Recipe 
Ingredients:
  • 1 cup Old Fashioned Rolled Oats
  • 1 cup Boiling Water
  • 2 Tbs Brown Sugar
  • 1 Mango (about 1 cup, diced)
  • 2 Tbs Honey (+ more or less to taste)

Method;

Combine the oats and boiling water in a bowl, and allow to sit for a few minutes to plump the oats. Meanwhile, Cut your mango into bite sized pieces. Once the oats have absorbed the water, sprinkle the brown sugar over the top, and give it a stir. Top with the honey and mango, and...




Enjoy!  


This recipe could technically serve 2... but if you choose to eat it all by yourself, I won't judge. ;o)



8 comments:

  1. Sounds delicious! Plus, mango's been going on sale a lot lately and I'm always struggling to figure out what to eat for breakfast (well, and lunch and dinner too). :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Funny you should say that. It was the fact that I bought a whole flat of Mangoes for just $5 that had me searching for ways to use them, and thus this recipe. I hope you like it. :o)

      Delete
  2. Oh wow, that sounds good. What a great twist on oatmeal! Thanks for linking up at You Link It, We Make It - hope to see you back tomorrow. Pinning!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is good. I hope you get a chance to try it.

      Delete
  3. I've never seen a recipe like this! Thanks for sharing it. We hope you come back next week to the #HomeMattersParty

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would have never combined mango with oatmeal, but it does look like a good option. I appreciate you giving me another idea for a healthy breakfast choice.

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover